Oct 10, 2013

Competitions 2013

I have not written anything about the competitions yet, so maybe it is time for that now. Better late than ever, right?

My first competition this year, took place in Jyväskylä at 10th of August. That was a Saturday. I had my summer vacation before that competition, so I left to Tampere already on Wednesday that week. I picked up my competition bikini at Biancaneve and then I had a massage. After that Nuppu, my team mate called me and asked if I wanted to come to her family home for some relaxing days before our competitions. I went there and totally relaxed, I have not relaxed that much at least in four years. It was really strange being able to just lie in the sofa, without a single thought of what you have to do next. Thank you Nuppu for a really nice time!

On Friday we went to Minna’s place and left from there by car to Jyväskylä. During the journey I started to feel really sick, had to grab a plastic bag in case I would start to throw up. When getting out from the car I felt better. At the evening we had our competition meeting where the competition program for Saturday was went through.

At the night before the competitions I did not sleep at all, was not tired at all. My stomach also got totally mixed up, do not know why. Maybe it was because I was nervous.
My competition was at the afternoon, so we had plenty of time for makeup and hair.  Minna made my makeup. My hair I started to make myself, but the result was horrible. Luckily Umppu saved my bad hair day J

Below are some pictures from the competition, I finished third and got my ticket to the Finnish championships 1st of September.


Relaxing at the hotel







Between Jyväskylä competition and Finnish championships were three weeks of hard work, trying to be in better shape in the next competition. These weeks were the worst during the whole competition diet. At Monday after Jyväskylä competition I returned to work and at same day my girl started daycare. That was a big change for my girl, which resulted in her waking up every single night. When my wake up watch rang at 4.30 am every morning, it felt like waking up in the middle of the night.
One and a half week before the competitions my girl got the flue. And surprise, surprise, I also got it in a couple of days. Luckily the finalizing week started at the same time, which meant that the cardio workout got lighter, only 30 min walks in the morning. I told myself that I was not sick, and did every single cardio and workout I had in my diet and workout plan.   
At Friday I and my boyfriend left Vaasa for Lahti. In the evening we had the competition meeting and on Sunday my competition would take place.

I felt more confident for this competition and I was satisfied with myself. But on Sunday morning I got the periods! And at least my body immediately react on that, I get soft. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined to get these at the day of the competition, after following a strict diet for so long time. I was expecting them to be totally left out. But well, at least my hormones worked.

Backstage I still felt quite confident and happy; I was waiting to get at stage and shine. But when I finally got at stage I felt really bad, felt like I was not getting any air. I was sweating and just waiting for the prejudging to be over. When it was over and I returned to backstage I knew that this was it. I would not get to the finals, and so it was. I finished eight, with same points as the seventh.

The disappointment was BIG. But this was not my day, and I do not think that I would have made it in the finals. I would not have been able to get at stage one more time that day.  Maybe it would have been best to listen to my boyfriend, not to take part in the competitions due to the flue. But this was what I had worked for half a year; I did not want to give up only a couple of days before the competition.






We left home immediately after my competition. In the car I told my boyfriend that I will never get up at that stage again. But during the long drive to Vaasa my mind changed, never say never J

No comments:

Post a Comment